South Devon Food
With ever increasing pressure on our environment, local produce has become even more important. At The Elizabethan we are constantly looking for ways to do our bit for the environment.
We aim to source 80% of our supplies from within a 30 mile radius with great South Devon produce from areas such as Newton About and Teignmouth. From our own neighbouring farms and smallholdings in Luton we are already using a vast array of ingredients which include:
- Lamb, seasonal vegetables and award winning cider from John and Tom Reddaway of Lower Rixdale Farm.
- Free range quail, trout and seasonal fruit, vegetables and herbs from David Wright’s smallholding.
- Aylesbury duck from Anthony French at Larcombe Farm, Ideford & Greadon Farm in Chudleigh
Our suppliers also include:
- Pork from Duckaller Farm, Ashcombe
- Beef from Dunderton Farm, Shaldon
- Mussels From River Teign Shellfish,
- Scallops, Lobster & Crab From The Seafood House, Teignmouth
- Wine from Old Walls, Bishopsteignton
- Real ales from Teignworthy Brewery, Newton Abbot
- Soft drinks from Luscombe, Buckfastleigh
- Bread from Thomas’ Bakery, Bovey Tracey
- Ice creams/dairy from Devonshire Farmhouse, Chagford